If you have decided that we are the right provider for you, before you apply please read through these entry requirements.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over
- UK university degree or recognised equivalent of 2:2 and above.
- 5 GCSE awards at grade C/4 or above in English, Mathematics and Science.
- Show that you can communicate effectively in both spoken and written standard English.
- If accepted, obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure and any other required clearances and complete DfE provisional registration requirements.
- Meet the requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach.
- All prospective teachers are expected to be competent in the Fundamental Skills for English and mathematics.
Applicants are encouraged to spend time working in schools before applying but this is not a requirement, and we understand that this has been difficult in recent times.
However, work experience does enable applicants to get a valuable insight into the role of a class teacher and to use this experience to support their application
How we select our trainees
Trainees will be selected based on having the right aptitude and attitude for the role of a teacher. Some great qualities to have include:
- A passion for teaching
- A natural ability/affinity with children
- Understanding of the role of a school in a child's life
- A strong work ethic
- Good organisation
- Flexibility and an open minded approach to learning
- Understanding that being a great teacher means continuously striving to evolve and improve
If you do not have these qualifications but are still interested in a career in teaching, please contact us to discuss your options.
If you have qualifications from outside of the UK and would like to check their suitability for this course contact UK ENIC.